A few years ago, all odds were against CBD, or cannabidiol. This compound, a main component amongst the long list of components that exist in the cannabis plant, is one of the most used chemicals nowadays, and for a good reason. But, before diving into the realm of what it can do, let’s find out what it is first. Then I can teach you all it has to offer to the world!
For most people, cannabis is just a plant-based drug, but there’s much more to it. Cannabis is composed by over 100 elements named “Cannabinoids”, all of which have several properties and effects on the organism. Cannabidiol (more popularly known as CBD) is one of the most popular, along with the neurostimulant tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), that are commonly found in products made for the cannabis audience.
The effects of Cannabidiol depend on the uses of cannabis as a whole. The perks of this compound are based on the body’s chemical reactions, as this phytocannabinoid interacts with the endocannabinoid system (ECS). This human system is in charge of producing endocannabinoids, powerful neurotransmitters that interact with cannabinoids inhibiting a variety of process that relate to several bodily functions, such as circadian rhythm, immune system response, appetite and much more.
What are the benefits of using Cannabidiol?
Cannabidiol is not only a chemical compound, it’s a key element for industries that are looking for a more friendly way to treat certain health conditions. Most of the components of cannabis oil are highly beneficial for the human body, when used with the right purpose. It’s also rich in vitamins C, D and Omega 3 and 9, making it also a great nutritional complement.
Here are some of the uses of cannabidiol:
- Potent anti inflammatory properties: the relaxing nature of cannabis comes from the inhibition of chemical interactions in the neurological pathways. CBD produces reactions that engage the immune system, regulating and boosting its reactions, such as its anti inflammatory properties.
- Antioxidant: cannabidiol works against the oxygen chain that degrades cells. As such, is a potent antioxidant, helping the body keep cell regeneration system going, preventing or showing a significant reduction on the signs of early cell oxidation by free radicals.
- Antibacterial: hemp CBD Isolate derived from Hemp is used as main compound in many organic antibacterial products, as it’s great to kill bacteria in a natural way without harmful chemicals in the way.
- Dermatitis: skin conditions, such as atopic dermatitis benefit from the relaxing process that stems from cannabis oil, as the chemical reacts positively with superficial skin layers. It’s even more efficient when it comes to rashes that are allergic in nature, as one of the main cannabis benefits is that it reduces allergic reactions as a whole.
- Antilipidemic: lipid production creates certain body conditions such as acne or lipidic (greasy) skin patches. Cannabis oil reduces sebum production, helping keep pores clean while reducing it in the bloodstream (if consumed orally).
- Anxiolytic: CBD has been used as an anxiolytic for decades, and it’s now keeping up with its fame. It’s functionality stems from the fact that it interacts with neurological receptors that trigger stress responses.
- Helps neurological conditions: Parkinson and dementia are conditions that stem from damaged neurological pathways. Cannabidiol helps the neuro system, allowing a better connection of the brain with the rest of the body in some cases, as well as reducing symptoms for Alzheimer’s disease and other cognitive declining conditions.
There are some other cases that had been studied, but that don’t have concrete evidence or enough data to ensure these are effectively true. However, companies and associations are conducting studies to prove the direct correlation in the following cases:
- Prevention of substance abuse, specifically with morphine.
- Panic and fear related conditions.
- Compulsive and obsessive disorders.
- Diabetes prevention for people with genetic predisposition.
- Anti-cancerigeogenic effects in certain cases (colon, lung and breast cancer, to name a few).
- Antipsychotic breaks for people with bipolar disorder or schizophrenia.
TESCosmetics.com is a tool for the wellbeing of your skin. All our products are infused with Hemp CBD Isolate derived from Hemp, making them the perfect addition to your skincare routine. TES Cosmetics uses innovative technology to transform the way you see cannabidiol and how you look with a full skincare line that helps you nourish and replenish your skin with nutrients, while helping it heal and grow.
See what TES Cosmetics has for you: